Community Shop to Open
Saturday 30th April 2022
We are delighted and so excited to announce we have signed the lease for the new community shop at 14-15 Hartfield Road - so we are sending out a huge thank you to everyone who has given their time, donated money or given ideas to make this possible. We especially thank our Parish Council for their generous funding and the Stockleys in their generosity in enabling us to take the lease.
And so now the work begins to get it open asap!
If you have been following us you know our whole ethos is to re-cycle, re-purpose and upcycle, so we want to start as we mean to continue. We are in need of some help and some basics to get us going, below is a list of items we need to smarten the shop up and also to make it a wonderful shopping experience and lovely place to visit - if you can help with any of the requests below, please let us know.
If you are a craftsperson and can help us with the work that needs to be done - that would be a wonderful help as well , please contact us at email@example.com
Here is what we are looking for :-
- White paint - thank you to everyone who gave us paint
- Coloured Paint - some pledged by Darren Ball and Amanda Sherring-Smith
- Plyboard - donated by Martins Carpentry and Kev Brockbank
- 2x2 wood - donated by Martins Carpentry
- 4x4 wood - donated by Martins Carpentry
- 50mm x 100mm wood, Screws, Rawplugs - donated by Martins Carpentry
- Clothes airer - it plugs in (not a tumble drier)
- PC or Mac
- Working printer -
- Shelving unit
- Iron - pledged by Rachel Bowman
- Ironing board
- Iron Press - pledged by Paula Thompson
- Sleeve ironing board
- Clothes steamer
- Industrial Weighing Machine
- First Aid Kit
A huge thank you to the fabulous Remi Olajoyegbe who has already donated a nearly new washing machine, we are so grateful 🙂
We can’t wait to open the shop - with your help we can do it quickly and then start to give back to this amazing community.